Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Five Years Ago On July 5th, 2011

Five years ago today, on July 5, 2011, I had a powerful encounter with Father God. I was in deep prayer and fasting. I had been invited to play softball with a few peers from church the day before, but I felt that it was more important for me to spend time with the Father God. I also felt that I needed to spend time with my family that day being that it was the 4th of July weekend.

I experienced a lot of condemnation from the enemy for not hanging out with the church kids. Today, I look back with eyes of discernment and wisdom. I instead got up early to pray and then went to spend the holiday with my Grandmother and sister. It so turns out that those were very precious moments with my Grandmother and sister because that was the last 4th of July I had with her. I took photos of the three of us. It felt like one of those sacred moments. Last August 2015, my Grandmother passed joyfully into the glory of heaven to meet with Jesus at age 89. I was able to be by her bedside to comfort her and to pray.

On July 5, 2011, Father God had encountered me around 5 a.m. and told me to move more than 400 miles south of my hometown. He had told me to enroll in seminary and gave me very detailed instructions. I did as He instructed and I have never looked back. I met my husband and we have been blessed to see the goodness of God in the land of the living.

As I continue my studies in seminary, I look back at the last five years.
I was so scared to move away from home, from my family, from my church, from everything I knew, but there was no doubt that I had heard the voce of God speaking to me. I told Father God how scared I was and He told me that I would have deep regrets in not following His kind voice. Faith arose in me. I realized that the fear I had was from the enemy. Father God sent his intercessors and prophets to me to confirm that I was on the right track and doing the right thing. They encouraged me and said the things that I needed to hear at the right moments. My pastor and his wife encouraged me to move. My boss, came to me with great sadness but still encouraged me to move and told me how going to seminary would be a good thing. I realized that I had a small band of cheerleaders in the spirit-realm.

At the time a certain song was playing on the Christian radio. The song ministered to me very deeply and gave me strength to move forward in faith. I felt the Father’s love and His comfort. I’ve blogged about he song before, but someone needs to listen to the song and know that God is speaking to you. He always speaks in peace and love, never in fear, or manipulation, or legalism, and torment. God is pure love.

‘Cause I don’t wanna live like I don’t care
I don’t wanna say another empty prayer
Oh, I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself.
Oh, I could choose not to move, but I refuse.
-Josh Wilson, "I Refuse" chorus

Josh Wilson performing "I Refuse" on Vevo:


No comments:

Post a Comment